Where We Have Been
Panacea started as an idea to bring the best hemp products to patients in need. We combine our knowledge of pharmaceutical discovery and development with manufacturing business acumen to develop the best products in the market. Decided to develop tablets and soft gels initially to enable specific formulations to be manufactured at scale.
We started with humble beginnings: an 8,000 square foot converted industrial warehouse space in Louisville to enable our extraction/manufacturing packaging concept with 5 people. Recognizing the need to keep quality yet increase scale, we moved to our current 51,000 sq. foot location in April 2019 to add scaled CO2 extraction, increase soft gel manufacturing capacity, and add automated liquid fill as well as completing our GMP certification.
- October 2019: Founded the cannabinoid research center at CSU
- December 2019, investment by XXII Century to expand capabilities, increase marketing, and initiate our commitment to scientific research
- In late 2019, acquired Needlerock farms, a 250-acre hemp farm, located in Crawford, CO to increase quality of hemp supply as well as gain access to unique genetics.
- Full GMP certification in 2020.
- 2020 expanding from a CBD company into a cannabinoid company with capabilities to concentrate and purify each cannabinoid produced in the hemp plant.
Female Owned Company
What started as a way to help Leslie Buttorff’s 78-year-old mother with a fractured pelvis, led to the creation of Panacea Life Sciences. The idea came apparent when she was beta testing her ERPCannabis software—a resource planning tool for marijuana companies that were struggling to run back-office operations and track seed-to-sale transactions. As Buttorff’s knowledge grew she geared her focus toward CBD and hemp. In 2017 she named her company after the Greek goddess of healing and remedies, Panacea. Buttorff has tight ties with Colorado State University and donated $1.5 million to assist with cannabinoid research for a center there. Panacea and CSU will team up to discover new sciences and build each other up. Leslie’s mother is now 82-years-old and takes Zumba classes regularly, pain free because of her daughters dedication to “helping people and pets feel better everyday by delivering the highest-quality CBD products on the market.”
Chief Executive Officer
James Baumgartner, Phd
Chief Research Officer
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
CIO and Business Development
General Manager and SAP Operations