Cannabidiol (CBD) is something you have likely seen if you are the type of person who prefers holistic approaches to problems life throws at us. But what is it? Why use it? Are there real benefits? Where do I get CBD? You may have seen CBD ads that pop up when you are browsing the internet or scrolling through a social media app. Generally, these ads are for online retailer CBD products. , “don’t trust everything you read on the internet,” you might be wondering, how do you know which CBD retailers are trustworthy? What should you look for in a product? In this article, Panacea Life Sciences will assist you with what to look for when purchasing a CBD product online.
What is cannabidiol (CBD)? Is it legal?
CBD or cannabidiol is a compound found in the Cannabis and hemp plants. Cannabis has 113 cannabinoids, and CBD is just one of them. CBD is often mistaken for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the more famous compound of these plants. This is because THC is the active ingredient that causes psychoactive effects. Most research was pointed at THC until CBD was reported to have positive health effects without the inebriation that the THC causes. CBD products have less than .03% of THC and no psychoactive effects when used. Cannabis has a wide range of THC levels with some products containing as much as 30% THC, while hemp is defined as having 0.3% THC or less. CBD is also legal in all 50 states, as described in 2018 with the Farm Bill. However, THC is still classified as a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance and is still illegal in many states. There are states that have legalized marijuana for those who are 21 and older for recreational use. Other states have legalized marijuana for medical use only. If you live in a state that legalized marijuana, it is particularly important to check labels as your products might contain higher amounts of THC. You can read more about the difference between THC and CBD here.
What is CBD used for? Why should I use it?
CBD has been reported to be quite useful in many ways. Perhaps CBD would be useful for you, a family member, or even a furry friend. Here are a few of the ways CBD can be used:
- Promoting a sense of calm: CBD has been reported to assist those who experience anxiousness to feel calmer. This has been reported by CBD users and pet owners who have given CBD to their furry friends.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: CBD has been known to reduce joint inflammation in many studies, including this one that watched and tested the effects CBD had on rats with osteoarthritis. Panacea Life Sciences has also done a study regarding the use of CBD and dogs age-related movement impairment. This study showed increased mobility in dogs who were administered CBD.
- Skin health: CBD has been reported to improve skin health. In this study, researchers assessed skin health across several categories to test the skin before and after the use of CBD. The study tested hydration, elasticity, and transepidermal water loss. All the measurements were supported by photographic evidence of skin improvement. The study found that the topical administration of a CBD ointment is a beneficial way to improve skin health for those with and without skin conditions.
- Mental wellbeing: A major reason for using CBD is tied to a sense of calm. If users are feeling a sense of calm, their overall mental state can improve. In this study, they found that CBD assisted rats with the overall feelings of helplessness and anhedonia or the loss of interest in activities that gave pleasure before. Therefore, their overall mental wellbeing was improved.
- Epilepsy: Epidiolex is the only FDA-approved medication that contains CBD. It is used for treating two different types of epilepsy Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome and Dravet Syndrome. The medication is approved to be administered to children and adults two years and up.
Is CBD safe to buy online? What should I look for?
It often feels risky to purchase something you have never used before online, but Panacea Life Sciences is here to help. It is important to keep in mind that not all CBD is created equal. We have done some research for you so that you can get the highest quality CBD. Here is what to look for when purchasing CBD online:
- THC content – THC content is important when purchasing CBD oil. If a product has more than .03% of THC, it can’t be sold as an over the counter CBD product. It also may be psychoactive and have inebriating effects.
- Company reliability – It is important that when looking for a CBD retailer you look for a reliable company. Look for reviews! Not just those on the company’s website. Make sure that the company is legit so that the CBD product they describe is also of high quality.
- Extraction – Evaluate which extraction process a company uses when looking at the safety of CBD online. Review what solvents they use and if they test for residual solvents after the CBD is extracted.
- Third-party lab certification – Panacea Life Sciences sends off our products to a third-party laboratory to clarify the cannabidiol level accuracy, purity of the CBD, residual solvents, pesticides, and more. We want to make sure that you know everything that goes into your product.
Is CBD only found online? Where else can you purchase CBD?
Besides an online retailer (like us), there are several other places to purchase CBD. The best way to find where you can purchase CBD is searching for “CBD oil near me” in your favorite search engine. It all depends on where you live and the legalization of THC. You may be able to find types of CBD in dispensaries if you are living in a state that allows legal use of marijuana. No matter where you find your CBD, it is important to read the labels and make sure that you are purchasing from a reliable retailer.
Are there other kinds of CBD than oil?
There are many different types of CBD products rather than an oil tincture. Panacea Life Sciences offers tinctures, soft gels, sublingual tablets, edibles, and topicals. We also offer soft gels or tinctures to administer to your canine and tablets for your horse. Tinctures are made to place an amount under your tongue to be absorbed through the mouth. Soft gels are taken orally and are absorbed into the bloodstream through the stomach. Our sublingual tablets melt in your mouth and are absorbed through the mouth and then into the bloodstream. Edibles are similar to soft gels as they are administered into the mouth and then into the stomach to get into the bloodstream. Topicals have the biggest difference in application. Topicals are generally used on a certain area and then absorbed through the pores of the skin. Choose your type of CBD based on the effects you’d like it to have.
Conclusion: CBD Oil for Sale Online
So, where will you get your CBD? We have given readers a plethora of information to choose how they will purchase CBD. There are online retailers (like Panacea Life Sciences), walk-in store retailers, and you can purchase CBD at some dispensaries. Is it safe? Yes! Buying CBD online can be a safe practice as long as you do the research on the company making the products you are considering. Writing down a list of what you do and what you do not want could help you find the perfect CBD product for you. And make sure the online retailer you choose to purchase from is reliable. Reliable CBD retailers label all of their ingredients on their products, will explain their extraction process, and have a third-party testing process. Hopefully, we have assisted you in how to make a proper decision to purchase CBD products.
If you have further questions about CBD, or how to purchase it, feel free to contact us at: [email protected] or call us at 1 (800) 985-0515. We would be happy to help!