This time period we have entered is far more uncertain than most of us are used to. It is likely that many people are experiencing panic and anxiousness. What can we do to help ease these feelings? There are many ways to promote senses of calm within ourselves and those who surround us. Perhaps one of those can be Cannabidiol or more well known as CBD.
The use of CBD to promote a sense of calm may be a bit unfamiliar and you may be uncertain about it. That is why we here at Panacea Life Sciences have decided to write this blog post. We are experts surrounding CBD and we want to make sure that our customers and future customers understand what they need to know before going on their CBD journey. Can CBD truly promote a sense of calm? Read on to find the answer.
Pandemic Panic. Help!
The CDC (Centers of Disease Control and Prevention) has deemed the Coronavirus or COVID-19 as a pandemic. Now, what does that mean? A pandemic of a disease is prevalent over a whole country or world. In our case, COVID-19 has reached the entire world. The state of COVD-19 and all of the uncertainty surrounding it has put most folks in a state of panic. Most centers for gathering have been closed and only essential workers are allowed to go into work. And don’t get us started on the toilet paper fiasco.
There has been so much change within the past few weeks that it is likely that routines have been changed, many are facing concerns about the job market and social distancing. Feeling calm is not in the picture. With time, and perhaps assistance from CBD, this can change. The change will not be dramatic because we are currently in a pandemic and these feelings are natural. There are many things one can do to promote this sense of calm we are all striving for and maybe CBD can push it further. But first, we must understand what CBD is and why we would even suggest it for this.
What is Cannabidiol (CBD)? What about THC?
So, what is CBD? CBD or Cannabidiol is one of the 113 components found in the Cannabis sativa plant. There are many described benefits surrounding CBD, but it is often confused with Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the component that gets users “high.” These two cannabinoids are both found in the Cannabis sativa plants. However, just because they are found together in the plant does not mean that they do the same thing.
CBD is legal in all 50 of the United States as of 2018. The Farm Bill allowed farmers across the country to grow the hemp plant – a type of the Cannabis sativa plant. The hemp plant differs from others because of its high percentage of CBD rather than a high percentage of THC. Marijuana on the other hand is not legal in all states and carries a high percentage of THC rather than CBD. The use and growth of marijuana is legal in few states for recreational and medical purposes. CBD has been described to bring a sense of calm to users among other uses. But, why choose CBD when there are other ways to become calm? Read on to see what we found out during research.
Why choose CBD? What can it offer?
Out of all the things out there that could help produce a sense of calm, why should one choose CBD? If you are reading this it is likely that you are more drawn to holistic ways of health. CBD is natural and can be used in many forms. What forms you may ask? CBD is made into many forms that can fit any type of daily routine.
Here are a few: CBD comes in tinctures, an oil like substance that you place in the mouth (often under the tongue) and from there it makes its way into the bloodstream and that is when a user may experience health benefits. Then there are tablets that are also placed in the mouth that rapidly dissolve and enters the bloodstream similarly to tinctures. The two options we just discussed are the two quickest ways to get CBD into your bloodstream. Other options include soft gels which are a pill-like form full of CBD. A user takes these orally and they travel to the stomach and dissolve from there where the stomach lining absorbs the CBD and then into the bloodstream. Edibles are taken the same way and go through the same process, but instead you chew it rather than swallow. There are also CBD topicals. CBD topicals are made into lotions, salves, and even creams. The CBD does not enter the bloodstream through topical application, however, benefits may be seen or felt from the pores in the skin. These tend to work best when applied liberally and often. Then there is CBD vaping, we here at Panacea Life Sciences do not advocate for CBD vaping, but it is an option. When the CBD is vaped, it enters the bloodstream through the lungs.
Now that we have explained the ways you can use CBD in your daily routine. How do we know it may help produce calmness? This study says in short, CBD has the potential to assist those with anxiety disorders. Therefore, it may assist with a sense of calmness. There is still a lot of research that needs to be done but, this small bit is promising!
Other Ways to Produce Calmness
Alright, now that you have ordered your CBD, you still need to keep calm in the meantime. What other ways are there to keep calm? There are many ways one can use to keep calm that do not involve a doctor’s visit. Here are a few:
- Breathing Techniques: There are many breathing techniques that may assist a nervous person. Often when a person is not calm their breath becomes short and therefore inhibits the feelings of anxiousness. The next time you feel these feelings, try making your breath in and out the same length by counting. Or you can look up breathing techniques online and find one that may fit you.
- Move: It is likely that you have heard this one. Exercise may promote a sense of calm. How you may ask? Instead of sitting in your worry, you are out moving your body and focusing on something rather than your worry. Exercising also releases endorphins or some call it the “happy hormone.” Try taking a jog or taking an online yoga class!
- Grounding: This is an option that may even become a habit. The 5-sense grounding technique is used because it brings your thoughts back to the present and where you are physically. This way you stop thinking about your worries for a moment. Here is how you do it:
- Acknowledge FIVE things you see around you.
- Acknowledge FOUR things you can touch around you.
- Acknowledge THREE things you hear.
- Acknowledge TWO things you can smell.
- Acknowledge ONE thing you can taste.
These are just a few things that you can do while waiting for your CBD product. You can use CBD to help enhance any of these calming exercises as well.
What other uses of CBD are there?
Besides promoting a sense of calm, what else can CBD do? Let us tell you.
- Skin health is one of the ways that CBD topicals may assist a user. This study used multiple tests before and after patients used the CBD topical. Their skin elasticity was tested as well as their hydration and transepidermal water loss. Photographic evidence showed that the skin health of these people had improved.
- There are actual medications that are used that contain CBD. They are Marinol (dronabinol), Syndros (dronabinol) and Cesamet (nabilone); they help those going through cancer treatment and are experiencing nausea as a side effect. Epidiolex helps treat and prevent seizures in those who have Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome.
- CBD has also shown anti-inflammatory properties. Panacea Life Sciences did a study that had pet owners give CBD to their dogs who had age-related movement issues. They described their furry friends to have become more mobile and have a higher quality of life.
These are just a few of the ways that CBD has been described to benefit people and their pets in their daily lives.
CBD and Keep Calm
Now you have learned more about CBD and what it may be able to do for you. There is still much research to be done surrounding CBD and its benefits. Panacea Life Sciences is committed to giving our customers the best products and services available. During this uncertain time, we have geared out attention to what our customers need. This so happens to be one of them, to produce a sense of calm during a pandemic. We also have created a CBD hand sanitizer and CBD hand cleansing creme so that our customers can be safe and clean. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at 1 (800) 985-0515 or email us at [email protected]m. Stay calm, we’ll get through this together.