This is one of the more uncertain times of the 21st Century. A virus has spread rapidly throughout the world and there is no stop in sight. It is very possible that you or your family members and most likely friends are doing their best to keep calm, which can be a daunting task as there doesn’t seem to be one-cure-all and there is new information being brought to the surface everyday about COVID-19. If you clicked on this article it is likely that you are looking for a holistic approach to help release your worries. You have clicked on the right one! Here at Panacea Life Sciences we are committed to giving our customers the best and most up to date information possible. Can CBD assist those who are feeling worries related to the coronavirus? Let’s find out together.
Let us start here. Why is there so much worry surrounding the coronavirus? It is perfectly normal to feel worries surrounding this topic as it is new and uncertain. Health care professionals are working hard daily to understand exactly what we can do to keep ourselves safe and hopefully find a cure. There is still much uncertainty and that is likely causing most of the anxiety surrounding the coronavirus. Here is what we do know: symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, shaking and chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and loss of taste. If you feel any of these symptoms together contacting your medical professional is of the utmost importance. There are self-assessments available as well. There are many ways to prevent COVID-19. Stay home as much as you can, keep a safe distance between you and others, wash your hands often, cover your cough and if you do feel sick, call ahead to get tested. If you do test positive for the virus, here is what professionals are saying. Stay home unless to get medical care, monitor symptoms, if they get worse call your healthcare provider, get rest and stay hydrated, use over the counter medications to help you feel better and stay in a specific room when you can to prevent others in your home from being infected. As you can see, this is a lot of information, but, not the information most people are hoping for in a cure or vaccine. Therefore, it is understandable to be looking for ways to soothe your worries. How can CBD help you? Read on to see what we have learned.
What is Cannabidiol (CBD)?
So, what is CBD? CBD or cannabidiol is one of the 113 cannabinoids found in the cannabis sativa plant. This cannabinoid is often confused for THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol. THC is the component that gets users to that ‘high’ feeling. CBD does not do that but, it has potential to give many other benefits to users. THC is not legal everywhere because of the inebriating effect it has. In states that have legalized marijuana have strict rules as to who can purchase it and use it recreationally, sort of like alcohol consumption. CBD on the other hand is legal in all 50 states. In 2018 the Farm Bill made it legal for farmers to grow and sell the hemp plant. The hemp plant is a variation of the Cannabis sativa plant. It has higher amounts of CBD and low amounts of THC. The amount of THC in a CBD product must be less than .3% and that is not enough for one to feel the effects of the THC. So, no, CBD will not get you high. What is CBD good for? Does it really soothe?
CBD To Soothe
Can CBD really soothe your worries? There is still much research to be done surrounding CBD and its many properties but, here are a few studies that we found that may help answer this question. In this study those who had been diagnosed with Seasonal Affected Disorder (SAD) or Generalized Social Anxiety Disorder were either administered a placebo or CBD before taking a test that would get their social anxiety results. Those who were given the CBD had results like lowered anxiety, cognitive impairment and discomfort in their speech performance and it also lowered their anticipation for their alert. Those who were not administered CBD rated higher in all of those tests. So, what does this all mean? These results showed that CBD was able to help soothe those who have SAD before giving a speech performance (which frightens them). So, will it help those who have worries surrounding COVID-19? It is a possibility. What types of CBD is there? Should you use it daily? There are many types of CBD products available that you can take daily that you may reap the benefits of.
Many CBD Products to choose from
There are many types of CBD. Here are a few!
- Tinctures: This type of CBD is an oil like substance that is generally placed under the tongue. From there it enters the bloodstream through the mouth. This is an easy way to get a daily amount of CBD into your system. This is also one of the fastest ways.
- Topicals: CBD in topical forms such as lotions, salves, creams and even hand sanitizer are quite popular to benefit skin health. These are best used liberally and often. CBD topicals do not reach the bloodstream so may not be an effective in producing a calming effect.
- Tablets: Tablets are similar to tinctures as to where they are administered. The tablet dissolves in your mouth and then reaches the bloodstream from there.
- Edibles: This type of CBD is a pleasant and fun way to get CBD daily. After eating, the edible travels to the stomach where it is broken down and then is absorbed through the stomach lining and into the bloodstream. This way of administering CBD takes longer to feel the effects but has been described to last longer.
- Softgels: These are similar to edibles as they go through the same process to get into the bloodstream. But they are swallowed like a pill instead of chewed.
- Vapes: Panacea Life Sciences does not advocate for the use of CBD vapes, but it is an option. One inhaled the CBD is absorbed into the lungs and then into the bloodstream.
Ease Worries with CBD
So, can CBD really ease your coronavirus worries? It is a possibility! Try it out for yourself and let us know at [email protected].