Compensation Range: $17.00/hour – $20.00/hour
Reports to: Department (Fulfillment, Extraction or Production) Lead
Panacea is committed to delivering safe, high-quality products and services at scale. Our business vision is to become the lowest cost, highest quality cannabinoid producer in the markets we serve by utilizing current good manufacturing practices, offering better quality assurance with cannabinoid products free from pesticides and heavy metals, providing better patient and doctor access to cannabinoid education and sourcing better equipment or devices.
Essential Functions. Manufacturing Technician I is responsible for all functions, including but not limited to:
• Perform all duties under compliance of current Good Manufacturing Practices
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Utilize and ensure compliance with quality systems such as cleaning records, equipment logs, batch records, deviation reports, etc.
• Clean, sanitize, and operate production equipment according to SOPs
• Report any issues or equipment malfunctions to management
• Complete repetitive tasks over extended periods of time using fine motor skills while maintaining a high quality of output
• Document all activities accurately and thoroughly according to Good Documentation Practices
• Keep work areas clean and organized while multi-tasking on multiple processes
• Communicate: ideas/suggestions for and/or concerns with production processes to team leadership
• Assist with oversight of and communicate needs for raw material inventory to management
• Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area including safe sanitation and chemical handling
• Follow all required work safe practices including proper protective equipment
• Follow quality & prerequisite programs related to designated area
• Follow OSHA Employee safety standards. Report any facility or employee related safety issues to management immediately
• Time management skills and comfort working in fast paced environment
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication with peers and supervisors
• Participate in Company safety and production meetings
• Willingness to be cross-trained and moved to other areas when needed
• Work with Extraction, Production, New Product Development and Quality Department to provide timely results based on established prioritization.
• Participate, as required, in ISO, FDA, HACCP, safety, and other teams as needed.
• Must be willing and able to perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED (Required)
• Three (3) years of relevant experience in food, nutraceutical, or pharmaceutical industries (Preferred)
• Experience in softgel manufacturing
• Familiarity with analytical methods used in manufacture of CBD (and related) products a plus
• Scientific lab, manufacturing, and/or cannabis industry experience
• GMP-run business experience (Preferred)
• Demonstrated safe working practices including habitual usage of PPE is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization
• Proven track record of providing accurate, reproducible results in a timely manner in a demanding environment
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Customer/Client Focus
• Communication Proficiency
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Proactive and Initiative
• Prioritization skills
• Ethical Conduct
• Communication Proficiency
• Results Driven
• Software/Computer Proficiency
• Willingness to Learn
Supervisory Responsibility. This position does not require supervisory responsibility.
Work Environment/Physical Demands.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work.
This is a Full-time position that requires evening and weekend availability. Shift days and times to be determined by Supervisor.
Travel. All work is required onsite at Golden facility. Some travel may be required from time to time for business purposes.
Other Duties. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.