You did not read that wrong! That’s right, what is cannabigerol CBG isolate used for? Now, it’s likely that you have heard of CBD (cannabidiol) as well as THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). But CBG? This is another property that people are not as aware of, much like CBD used to be. What is CBG? What can you use it for? What about the legality of it? This article will go over all of your questions and likely answer more. Let’s begin with a few definitions.
What is CBG?
CBG is another cannabinoid that is coming to the forefront of the health and wellness community. CBG is found in the Cannabis sativa plant along with many other compounds. CBD and CBG isolate are similar to one another in the way that they both cannot get users high. CBG is also similar to CBD because there is little research available on what it can and cannot do.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol is one of the 113 cannabinoids found in the Cannabis sativa plant, like CBG isolate. CBD has been far more researched than CBG, but less researched than THC. Even though they are all found in the same plant. The Cannabis sativa plant is found in many different forms. The two that are the most popular and well known are the hemp and the marijuana plants. CBG, CBD, and THC are all found in both of these types. CBD, however, is in higher percentages in the hemp plant versus the marijuana plant. The biggest difference between the marijuana plant and the hemp plant is the legality of it. Marijuana has been legalized in a handful of states. The hemp plant, however, is federally legal (with exceptions in some states). In 2018 the Farm Bill was passed this allows farmers across the states to grow and sell the hemp plant. The hemp plant contains at or less than 0.3% of THC.
What is THC?
THC is another cannabinoid found in the Cannabis sativa plant. THC is the cannabinoid that most are familiar with because of the psychoactive effects it gives. Because of this effect, like we stated before, is the reason that THC and the marijuana plant are not legal in all places. However, some states have legalized the use for medicinal purposes as well as recreational purposes. Keep in mind the legality in the place that you live so you are sure to get the right products.
How to use CBG:
Much like CBD, there is very little research surrounding CBG. But here is what we do know: CBG is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid. Therefore, there is no need to fear inebriation when using CBG. CBG isolate may also be used for the following purposes:
- Appetite: CBG may be helpful to induce the feeling of hunger. In this study done on rats, showed that the rats that were given CBG ate more meals than the rats that were given the placebo. This may be helpful for those who struggle to eat for various reasons.
- Bladder: There are many different bladder issues and CBG could be of help. This study indicated that CBG and other cannabinoids may help those who suffer from bladder dysfunctions.
- Inflammation: This study looked at mice who had inflammation caused by Inflammatory Bowel Disease. They concluded that CBG may have helped reduce the inflammation.
- Medical Marijuana: Medical marijuana may help those who have eye issues such as glaucoma. This study looked at the potential effectiveness of medical marijuana and eye issues. CBG is also found in marijuana and therefore could be one of the reasons marijuana may be effective for these issues.
- Infections caused by bacteria: CBG was looked at in this study for its potential anti-bacterial qualities. CBG may be able to kill certain types of bacteria.
Because CBG is not as popular as CBD or THC there aren’t as many products available that contain CBG and CBG only. So, when looking at products to purchase, we suggest you look for a full spectrum CBD product. Full spectrum products contain all of the known cannabinoids, including the legal 0.3% of THC. This way you are getting all of the cannabinoids the Cannabis sativa plant has to offer, including CBG. Here are some products to look out for that can be found in a full spectrum as well as other spectrums of the Cannabis sativa plant:
- Vapes: We here at Panacea Life Sciences do not advocate the use of vapes, but it’s an option for CBD/CBG use. This way of using CBD/CBG has a high rate of absorption as it directly enters the bloodstream via inhalation.
- Softgels: A softgel is a capsule that contains CBD/CBG and looks similar to a pill or vitamin supplement. Once the capsule is swallowed it goes through the esophagus and then ends up in the stomach. Once there it is absorbed as the capsule is broken down. The CBD/CBG is absorbed by the digestive tract and enters the bloodstream from there.
- Edibles: Edibles and softgels are similar in the ways that they are able to reach the bloodstream. But instead of swallowing a pill you are chewing and eating, generally, a treat made with CBD/CBG. Edibles come in all sorts of different types. Gummies, cookies, and even chocolate.
- Topicals: Topicals are a bit different than the others as they don’t tend to ever reach the bloodstream. With that being said, you may be able to reap benefits from the pores on the surface of the skin. These are best used frequently and in the same area. They come in lotions, creams, salves and even hand sanitizer for antibacterial purposes.
- Tinctures: This type of CBD/CBG gets into the bloodstream quickly similar to vapes. When the dropper full of the tincture is placed in the mouth it is absorbed into the bloodstream from the pores there. A tincture is an oil like substance that is added to carrier oil like coconut or avocado oil.
- Tablets: A tablet is placed in the mouth and dissolves there. It enters the bloodstream from the mouth as similar to how the tincture does. You can add or subtract amounts of CBD/CBG with a dropper, but tablets are made with the same amount every time making it easier to know how much you are using.
There is still much research that needs to be done regarding CBG and CBD. We here at Panacea Life Sciences want you to have the most up to date information. Keep in mind that CBG is found in full spectrum CBD products when looking for the right type for you.