The year 2020 will go down in history. But for what exactly? There are multiple reasons that this year will be one that we talk about in our history classes. One of those reasons? Obviously, COVID-19 or the novel Coronavirus. The virus that has spread worldwide has made itself known and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. What we thought would be a few weeks has turned out to be almost the entire year. There is new information emerging every day on what not and what to do when it comes to social distance, masks, and how to keep yourself as well as others safe. One of the easiest ways to help stop the spread of the coronavirus is to wear a mask. Some places implemented mandates about wearing masks and have significant proof of their COVD-19 cases being lowered. So, what is a KN95? What do they have to do with COVID-19? We’ll start off with the basics.
What is COVID-19?
If you do not know the specifics of what COVD-19 is, we are here to make it simple. This is a virus spread from person to person generally through respiratory droplets that come from a person’s mouth when they cough, sneeze, or talk. The droplets can land in the nose or mouths of people that are near them. COVID-19 is spread more easily when people are closer than six feet in distance. There is still no cure for Coronavirus but, the healthcare system is learning more and more about it each day. You can contract the virus at any age and symptoms range from severe to mild to no symptoms at all. There are people who fully recover and those who end up passing away because of the respiratory issues involved. Some common symptoms to look out for include:
- Congestion or runny nose
- Fever or chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
- New loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
These are just a few symptoms that they have found correlate with COVID-19. There are still more that come up as we learn more about the virus. If you have any of these symptoms, there is a self-assessment on the CDC’s website that can help you decide whether or not to get tested.
What is a KN95?
A KN95 is a mask, which is one of the ways to help protect others and yourself from spreading COVID-19. We here at Panacea Life Sciences have started to carry these masks in order to help as many people as we can during this pandemic. Our KN95 have these qualities:
- 5-Ply – 5-Layers of protection include a non-woven inner layer, melt-blown filter, hot air cotton filter, and non-woven outer shell.
- Easy to wear – The vertical folding design and overall lightweight structure make this mask easy to store and carry.
- Flexible – The flexible nose guard is designed to provide a custom fit to ensure a soft and comfortable fit to reduce skin irritation while the stretchable braided ear bands ensure comfort over long periods of wear time.
- Protective – The KN95 is a disposable and breathable mask designed to offer more protection than standard disposable 3-Ply masks.
Our mask is FDA Approved. The CDC tested a small number of masks from this manufacturer and found that the filtration efficiency was above 95%. It is important to understand that there have been some KN95 masks that are made with filtration valves. These masks are not approved or recommended by the CDC. This is because the valves make the masks not as effective. The filtration in the valve does not keep the virus from getting in or out. So, these masks could still be putting you and others in at risk for spreading COVID-19. Want to learn more about the KN95? Click here to understand a bit more about this mask.
Other mask alternatives
Perhaps you do not have time to wait for your KN95 to get delivered without leaving the house. What other types of face coverings are there? Now-a-days it’s far easier to get a mask than it was in the beginning as most manufacturers have increased their distribution. Besides going and purchasing a mask in the store, you can make your own mask. The CDC’s website gives ways to make a mask at home by sewing or non-sewing options. As long as your mouth and nose are covered with 2 layers of fabric, you’re doing the best you can. So, how else can you help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Other ways to keep others safe
To keep others safe is to keep yourself safe. So, besides wearing a mask while in public, what can you do to help?
- Wash your hands: Before eating or preparing food, before touching your face, after using the restroom, after leaving a public place, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, after handling your cloth face covering, after changing a diaper, after caring for someone sick and after touching animals or pets.
- Cover your mouth and nose: This is important when you are out in public. It is possible that you could spread COVID-19 to others without knowing that you are sick. Everyone should wear a facemask when out around others.
- Clean and regularly sanitize: Clean places and things that are often touched throughout your house.
- Avoid close contact: If someone is sick inside your home, attempt to maintain six feet of distance between you and someone who is sick. Outside of the house, do the same with others around you.
These are just a few examples of how you can help stop the spread. Yes, masks may feel inconvenient but it’s better that we take care of this now rather than having it get worse later. Many countries are almost back-to-normal because of the use of face masks and social distancing. Hopefully where you live will do the same and the rest of the year will be the best yet!
What is Panacea Life Sciences doing to help?
We want the world to go back to normal just as much as the other guys. So, what are we doing to help during this pandemic? First off, like we have written, we have started selling KN95 masks so that each person that needs one can. Besides this, we also carry other types of PPE or Personal Protective Equipment. We also carry surgical masks, Infrared No-Touch thermometers, gloves and of course, hand sanitizer. We carry regular hand sanitizer as well as CBD (cannabidiol) infused hand sanitizer and cleansing hand creme. For more information or if you have any questions please contact as at [email protected]