Bacteria and Disease
The relationship between bacteria and disease is well-known. If you can get rid of harmful bacteria, you can get rid of a lot of diseases. Bacteria can feel like an invisible threat on our day to day existence, and it can cause a sense of anxiety. Almost all the infectious diseases we see are caused by various strains of harmful bacteria. CBD is a very useful ingredient in removing these diseases. It’s also often seen as a more natural and holistic way to protect health.
What are CBD and its uses in Killing Bacteria?
CBD is the short form for Cannabidiol. It, among 113 others, is a compound called a cannabinoid obtained from Cannabis sativa. As we’ll see, these cannabinoids can be like Swiss Army Knives. While you might think you’ve never heard of cannabinoids, CBD is the less famous cousin of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) of marijuana fame. CBD does not cause a psychoactive high. The kind of Cannabis with a high CBD content and low THC content is called industrial hemp, and was legalized by the Federal Farm Bill. Only when the content of the CBD increases, is the hemp able to be used for marijuana, and hence is made illegal in many states.
Bacteria and CBD
You will be amazed to know that CBD, when extracted from the plant, is capable of killing deadly bacteria, which cause various diseases that we face in our day-to-day lives. Cannabinoids contained in the Cannabis plant are known to have antibacterial properties, which not only work on bacteria, but also minimizes the proliferation of other microorganisms as well. Cannabinoids are not very well known in the industry. Research is still being done on their ability to kill bacteria and what mechanisms it uses to work.
As already mentioned in brief, some of the other products which are available might not be as good as others. Be sure to buy products with genuine CBD by checking for a product’s Certificate of Analysis. CBD hand sanitizers can be a very useful product if you know what you are buying.
CBD’s Additional Benefits
Apart from the normal antibacterial properties, an extract of CBD can be used as an anti inflammatory or for its neuroprotective and antioxidant properties, as well as various others shown by research on Cannabidiol over the years. CBD extracts have shown positive effects on diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and others. It has been found over the years that CBD has a huge array of pharmacological effects, and these are yet to be confirmed completely with the help of clinical trials on humans.
On top of the cannabinoids with all their fantastic properties, other compounds in the plants, called terpenes help to give the plant its distinct aroma and can provide us some more insight into where the plants get their incredible resistance to microorganisms. You might have heard of terpenes in connection with essential oils. Terpenes give the Cannabis plant some of its incredible properties just like they give the same properties to those plants which are often made into essential oils. Citrus fruits are often made into cleaning products because the terpenes in oranges and lemons are particularly robust with antibacterial properties. After all, a huge percentage of the world are familiar with Cannabis being called “weed.” This is because the plant itself is extremely hardy, resistant to disease, pests, and all the other garden downfalls that can kill plants. It makes sense that a highly resilient plant would have compounds to help it survive disease. And people can take advantage of those same effects in hand sanitizing products.
CBD Hand Sanitizer
CBD Hand Sanitizer is very useful, though CBD as an ingredient is lesser known in the market of hand sanitizer. In this time of the dearth of hand sanitizers, people are looking out for more and more products that can be used for sanitization purposes, and this is when the CBD has come into the limelight. What you need to know about CBD sanitizers is that they are made from the extracts of Cannabis sativa, and this is were it gets its antibacterial properties, all of which have been discussed here in brief. If you thought that CBD could make you high, rest assured, CBD can save you from harmful bacteria, but won’t cause a psychoactive high.
Types of CBD
There are different types of CBD available. Some of them are listed below:
- Edibles: CBD edibles show their effect very slowly although they are generally stronger and longer lasting compared to other forms of CBD available. They go through a long digestive process before they are broken down into their active form and are capable of being absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Soft Gels: CBD soft gels and tablets are a very easy to dose method of incorporating CBD and making use of its health benefits. Plus, capsules can be punctured with scissors for premeasured CBD tincture doses.
- Vapes: CBD can be taken in through the lungs by inhalation. The safety concerns of this method are still being evaluated.
- Tinctures: Tinctures show the quickest results when placed under the tongue to be able to get into the bloodstream and show their effects directly.
- Topicals: This is the formulation we’ve been examining up to now. This topical form is the form in which the hand sanitizers are prepared. These sanitizers are used on a daily basis by us to make sure that we are germ-free and to take preventive measures from certain disease-causing microorganisms. Along with few other essential ingredients, the CBD forms a very useful product as it is applied topically in the form of a sanitizer and even deep into the lower layers of the skin to give a disinfecting effect.
Where do you procure CBD?
CBD products and CBD sanitizers are legal everywhere. You can find CDB products in plenty of online stores and some dispensaries or smoke shops. It is very important that you take a careful glance at the ingredients list of a store-bought CBD hand sanitizer so as to get an idea about the quality and the quantity of CBD present in it.
There is absolutely no need to associate CBD with other marijuana products. It’s important to remember that CBD products are not prepared in the same manner or with the same amount of CBD in them. So to understand the CBD products, it is important that you take into account a number of different products available in the markets and then make a call on which seems to work best to you.